BEWARE the IDES of MARCH

Today's History Lesson:

The ides of March is one day that continues to appeal, marked because that was the date that Julius Caesar was assassinated in the senate, in 44BC.

Its modern-day memory is thanks, like so many things, to Shakespeare's way with words.

In act one, scene two of Julius Caesar, Caesar asks a soothsayer what the future holds.

Caesar: Who is it in the press that calls on me?
I hear a tongue, shriller than all the music
Cry "Caesar!" Speak. Caesar is turn'd to hear.
Soothsayer: Beware the ides of March.


I've decided to educate you guys a little bit more instead of just filling you in on what i eat, etc. Maybe I'm inspired my my new magazine subscription to Mental Floss... hmmm. we'll see how long it lasts.

LL

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like it! Teach us more! Tell us how to make Seagull noises!
Anonymous said…
NO! NO SEAGULL NOISES!! You'll get us kicked out of SNL!!!

Or maybe it was the "Marry me Jimmy!!'s" that did it...

Go Tar Heels!!

Popular posts from this blog

Does anyone care?

Yo People