And on we go...

The rest of the trip wasn't quite as interesting... but one thing that did happen was when we stopped to eat at Cracker Barrel in Gallup, NM on Weds. We were sitting there and suddenly Meemaw looks up at the wall by our table and says, That's my aunt Neal. Yes, there was an old picture on the wall from the 20s of her aunt! Crazy! Turns out their decorations come from Tennessee, which is where her aunt lived....

On we drove thru New Mexico, and Texas. We stopped for the night in Amarillo, TX. We got there right in the middle of torrential rain. Yuck. It had stopped by the morning though.

On we went on Thursday thru Oklahoma, Arkansas, and finally landed in Memphis late that night. Because of the car set back, we didn't have time to go to Graceland like I hoped.

Friday we went thru Tennesee and finally arrived in Eastern time and North Carolina! Still a few hours from Charlotte though. And the route we took went thru South Carolina a bit too, but we finally got to my mom's house around 8pm, and we got dinner.

I couldn't get too comfortable though, as we had to get up early again Saturday to take Meemaw back to Monroe, and then me on to Durham to sign my lease and everything. First we stopped at Target and Bojangles though. Yum.

I got to the apartment complex around 3:30pm and finally got to the apt. I emptied the car, and went to the grocery store, and was out by 9pm. And then I slept most of today.

But now I'm at Katie and Jon's house in Cary. We just had dinner, and I am obviously using their internet, which I won't have until I get a job.

So on with the job search!

What a trip.

LL

Comments

TeKay said…
call me! you should still have my number. if not, holla at a bitch.
Anonymous said…
yay! you're home!

glad the rest of the trip wasn't as exciting...

Popular posts from this blog

Does anyone care?

Update on me

Yo People