Well, I'm finally able to get online...

So far, it's been an interesting trip to say the least. There have been many obstacles, worries, and snafus, and it's only just begun!

Let's see how much I time to write right now... i'm so tired.

First of all, friday, my last day at work, I was supposed to get Meemaw's box of clothes for the trip. Cuttin it pretty close, I was worried it might not arrive in time. But it did. Phew.

Saturday, the truck was supposed to come to load my stuff. They told me it would probably be morning, but the driver would start communications with me on friday and tell me his schedule. No word from anybody on friday. So i called the office in Tampa friday afternoon, but of course they were closed. Left message. A guy finally called me back saturday morning, and said they were trying to reach the driver. I still didn't hear anything after like an hr and a half. So, i called again, and this time, they supposedly got in touch with the driver, who would be calling me soon... Ha. They said he expected to be there around 3 or 4!!! Argh. People including Rob, Brandon, Marri, Bryan, and Pete had left the morning free for me. Still nothing from the driver. Rob and Brandon could no longer help me cause they were helping Adam with his party.

I finally got a call from "Scott Smiley" around 3:30 in the afternoon. He said he should be there in a half hour. He was finishing up a drop off in Pasadena. He is from Shelby, NC by the way. So I called the troops that were left and told them 4pm. Marri and Bryan arrived on time just as Scott called with an update. It would still be a little longer.... ugh. In the meantime, Beige called and said her and Mike could come help until 6. And Pete said he was on his way.... yeah Pete. Uh huh.

Scott "Fat Bastard" Smiley finally arrived at 5pm. 5! And most of us still had to get ready to go to Adam's party. Scott came waddling out of the truck, sans shirt mind you. ooooooo. gross. He sat on the curb like a beached whale and proceeded to grossly hit on me for the next hour. His pet Pit Bull stayed in the cab of the truck. This was an 18 wheeler truck double parked on Rowena Ave by the way. There was only one other load before mine, so my stuff is loaded almost all the way at the back. Miraculously, Makoto stepped in and took charge of the organization of the stuff. After 45 minutes, we had it all loaded, and it all fit!!! Yay! We sent Scott on his way, and we all went to finally proceed with our Saturdays. Oh yeah, Pete showed up right as we were about to load the last piece. Brilliant.

Me and Marri and Bryan met up for dinner at the Electric Lotus, and then went to party at Adam's Quinsinera. It was awesome! I was so jealous of all the awesomely tacky dresses. I didn't dress up. I just had too much going on. And I was exhausted. I stayed until 11, said goodbye to everyone over the course of a half hr and went home to my empty apartment.

To be continued...

LL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does anyone care?

Update on me

Yo People