I'm a Dookie! Ew!

That's right. I got a job at Duke. In the Corporate Finance Dept for the Health System for 3 hospitals. I start as a temp and probably become perm in August or so, assuming they like me. Cons: It's Duke! And the job will probably be pretty dull. Getting up at 7am. Pros: The people seem nice, the commute isn't bad, i actually get to park in the same building i work, GREAT benefits, good pay. If I had worked at UNC, I probably would have had to take a bus cause parking is so bad, and the pay would've been worse i'm sure. So now I'm trying to enjoy my last few days of freedom. I have a short orientation session today at 4, and one tomorrow at 9.

I'm not going to DC this weekend, cause Leigh, Chuck, and the baby will be coming thru here and spending the night tomorrow. I've got to try to organize what I can in my bedroom today. Everything else looks great. I even vacuumed.

Gotta start a new knitting project. Maybe i'll do some more baby toys. Or perhaps I should pull out an abandoned project!

Now I need more business casual clothes.

LL

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh yeah! Now you have to wear clothes with the Duke name on them! Does the job require you to root for the basketball team? I think so.
Anonymous said…
CONGRATS!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Does anyone care?

Arizona sucks ass.