Happy President's Day dammit.

Unlike everyone I know, I don't have today off. Ugh. But I am wearing my Jenna for President shirt in celebration (or maybe protest?).
Had a pretty sedate weekend and it was good. It was beautiful too, unlike today when it's all rainy and cold.
Sat night, we had our grilled cheese practice. Team Sweet Dreams Are Made of Cheese was in full force. My sandwich was divine, and we named it Chipotle Off the Old Block... of Cheese. Christine's apple and cheese creation was yummy, and we named hers Apple Cheese Brulee Keeps the Doctor Away. But the star of the evening was Adam's 10 layer monster. It was 10 different layers, with 10 diffrerent cheeses, and was at least a foot tall. They even used a blow torch on it. It was named the Leaning Tower of Cheesa.
We're sure to win with these delicious and clever concoctions, right? Wrong! We went to register, and we were too late. It was already full. Totally bummed out, me and Christine sent a pleading email, and hope for pity from the cheese powers that be. We'll probably go to eat free grilled cheese no matter what, but it will suck if we can't enter. Oh well. They don't know what they're missing.
Yesterday, me and Marri ran errands and such all day. We started at the Farmer's Market, where we had lunch. I was craving Watermelon Lemonade, and it was yummy. Then I had 2 gourmet tamales. MMMMMMM. Then we went to Unwind for some yarn, and then on to the real purpose of the day in Pasadena. Then we went and saw Factory Girl. It was ok, but not worth 10 bucks.
Karaoke is tonight, and I think I may sing Say You, Say Me... so emotional Lionel! And If This Is It... i hope they have that one.

LL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does anyone care?

Update on me

BEWARE the IDES of MARCH